Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Remembering Zeke

Team rider Jeffrey Myers did the honors of covering this year's annual "Zeke's Lil Rat Surfcus", which was published on easternsurf.com as an online editorial "Fight Club feature."  As quoted in the article, "For those who didn't have the opportunity to know Zeke, his smile could change your day. When I reflect on grommethood, I remember that smile and those times when responsibility was the least of my worries. That time in a child’s life is special, and I’d like to be able to say that at least I tried to make it happier, easier, or any bit more memorable for these groms. I saw Zeke's smile all day at the contest this year, dancing its way across our surfing community once again. Long live the 2nd Pole.”  –Thriving VB artist, comedian, mentor to VB's next generation, and event coordinator Alex “Burd” Burdett"


Be sure to check out the photos and Jeff's editorial here.

















R.I.P Zeke Sanders 1976 - 2006